ANYTHING BUT GRAY EVENTS COUPLES….
Think outside the box, dreams big and live life to the fullest. They aren’t looking for the “typical” but rather the “totally us.” They are free-spirited individuals who thrive on big personality, bold designs and personal self-expression. Passion and confidence run through their veins and are always authentically themselves. Our couples understand how important hospitality and unique experiences are to their guests and in their own lives. They love animals, a witty sitcom, champagne brunch and always tip their servers well. They enjoy the finer things in life but still love a late night Target run. Our couples value and appreciate people’s time, energy and skills. They are gourmet foodies at heart but will never say no to a Costco hot dog with all the toppings! They sing the loudest at karaoke, tell pun jokes at will and are the last ones to leave the dance floor. They envision their wedding as way to express who they are as couple while showcasing their kick ass love to family and friends in a one-of-a-kind way.
Any of this sound familiar?
Meet Holly Gray!
That’s merely her last name, not her M.O.
Hello and thank you for stopping by! I am the CEO and technicolor boss lady behind Anything But Gray Events. I specialize in bold, colorful, and imaginative celebrations for amazingly creative people. I believe that more is more and less is just … BORING. I’m an L.A native. Yes, we do exist! I am honest, passionate, straightforward, hardworking, and yes, a jazzy weirdo. Sequins and sunshine are in my DNA. My recipe for event awesomeness has been developed over 3 decades: my mother, Trilby, was a successful wedding and event planner so I grew up in the biz. On top of that, I have 18 years of stage management and improv comedy training, a tour of duty in culinary school and time in the trenches of the hospitality field. With a dash of sass, a hearty laugh and a splash of bright pink lipstick there you have it! ANYTHING but Gray.
I am NOT your average wedding planner. I don’t wear all black or carry a clipboard. I think walkie talkies are for Boy Scouts in a makeshift fort and everything is better with a smile. I’m a snazzy extrovert with a get-it-done-and-make-it-look-
You pickin’ up what I’m throwin’ down?
Fun facts about Holly
- I attended an all-girls high school in Los Feliz (Immaculate Heart). You might have heard of it recently as (The Dutchess of Sussex) AKA Meghan Markle also attended the school.
- I lived in Seoul for 6 months after high school and studied Korean for 2 years. 안녕하세요!
- I graduated from Culinary School and won 18k on a Food Network show, Guy’s Grocery Games.
- I am the San Fernando Valley Leader of The Rising Tide Society (www.risingtidesociety.com) as well as the Events Chair for The Association of Bridal Consultants Greater Los Angeles (https://abcgla.wordpress.com).
- Buttered popcorn, Zumba, Boston Terriers, HGTV, Sharpies, Dr. Pepper, Big Necklaces and Gardenia Candles are some of my most favorite things.
- I love to hula hoop!